Our Digital Banking Conversion is Right Around the Corner!
June 6th will be here in no time! Current online/mobile banking customers will begin receiving regular messages through the secure messaging feature of our current online banking platform throughout the month of May. These messages will contain important information needed to make the conversion to our new platform as smooth as possible. We appreciate your patience with these changes as they will add more security and functionality, both now and in the future.
Quicken, Mint and QuickBooks Users
There are additional actions that you will need to do to ensure a smooth transition. Please visit our Quicken Conversion Info page for additional information.
Secure, convenient Access to Your Accounts
Online Banking gives you the convenience and flexibility to manage your finances any time day or night in a secure environment.
With Online Banking, you can:
- View your account balances and detailed transaction history.
- Transfer money between accounts.
Secure access to your accounts, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
When it comes to your money, security is the number one issue. With high-end firewalls and exclusive encryption software, it's like having a bank vault available anytime, anywhere!
Sign up for Internet Banking today!
- It's so easy to apply, and there's no software to install on your computer.
- If you already have an account with us, enroll now.
- If you're not an account holder already, contact us to open up an account today!
Security related to your online banking login session
We use specialized software and other technologies to prevent unauthorized users from accessing our systems through the Internet. When you log in to Internet Banking from the Peoples State Bank home page, we secure the connection with Secure Socket Layer [SSL] technology, then transmit your Access ID and Passcode. SSL encrypts your personal information before it leaves your computer, ensuring that no one else can read it. Once received, this information is transported within our systems via an encrypted network.
To support the security measures in place to keep your data safe, we require the use of a modern browser. As new versions of browsers are released, older versions will not be supported. Below are the details for each supported browser.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - No longer supported.
- Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge will be supported at the latest version only. Access may be denied to older Microsoft Edge versions 60 days after the newest version was released.
- Google Chrome - Chrome should automatically update and major updates are released approximately every 12 weeks. If Chrome is two versions older than the current stable channel version, access may be denied.
- Apple Safari - Each year Apple typically makes upgrades to Safari during the fall. Approximately 60 days after a new version is released, access may denied for older versions. However this change requires that the new Safari version is available on both MacOS and iOS devices.
- Mozilla Firefox - FireFox should automatically update. If FireFox is two versions older than the current stable channel version, access may be denied.
We strongly recommend that you do not send us standard e-mail containing any sensitive information such as your Social Security number, account numbers and other private personal information. If you wish to send an email with that type of information, please use the “Contact Us” function within your Online Banking session. Inquiries sent in this manner utilize the secure network since you are already logged in. Reponses back to secure emails through the Online Banking system will be replied to within the Online Banking system. No one from the bank will ever request login passwords or other confidential information through an email.
Please be sure to Log Out if you are going to be away from your computer for an extended period of time. Logging out will end your session and prevent others from using your access. After logging out, you will have to resubmit your username and password before entering the Site again. It is strongly recommended that you do not allow your browser to remember your login ID and/or password. As an additional security measure, your current session on the site will automatically timeout after a 10-minute period of inactivity.